Session 1: Not offered in 2018
Session 2: July 22-July 29th, 2018
Formerly called the EARLYBIRD. This one-week skills workshop brings competitors and critics together in a one week intensive camp. Each day of the workshop, debaters will have three full debates and give three rebuttal redos in front of some of the premier judges in high school and college debate. The evidence for the debates will be produced by the national champion Wake Forest University Debate Team and distributed in advance so the workshop can focus on in-round performance. Some of the features include:
- 3 intensive debates & rebuttal reworks per day.
- Focus on developing championship debate skills.
- A separate Novice track for those who have almost no experience.
- Spend a week on the lovely Wake Forest campus (opportunities for tours and undergraduate admission tips shared).
- Evening chat sessions with brilliant minds. Learn in a relaxed environment.
- Starts early so students can get a jump before they go to other camps.
- Great for TOC-level LD and PF debaters looking to improve their line-by-line and flowing skills.
- Get the basics down (topic lecture, foundations of argument and individual electives)
- No card cutting/research time. Just focus upon skill development!
- If desired, students will have the opporunity to debate against Wake Forest college debaters. PURELY OPTIONAL, but many students have found this experience to be one of the most challenging and rewarding of their preparation efforts.
COST OF THE WAKE EXPERIENCE: $1195